[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

2.20 plans.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: 2.20 plans.
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2018 17:35:42 +0200
User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/27.0.50 (gnu/linux)


I don't think there is much of a point in delaying more.  I've recently
made another run through patches that should be in 2.20 and pushed to
stable/2.20 branch.

I think further integration work is as likely to destabilize as to
stabilize stuff (if I not already did so), so the plan is to have
a) let Phil release 2.19.83 as soon as he wants
b) release 2.20.0 from that state (with a few cherry-picks on top) about
a week after the last urgent "stop the presses" call.  Those would
involve synching up documentation and bug fixes so obviously important
that one would rather see them in than give them some time for testing.

This will be followed (as soon as the state of download/web pages and
Phil's resources permit) with releasing 2.21.0 to get an unstable
version to refer to.

David Kastrup

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]