Re: GUB lilypond build fails

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: GUB lilypond build fails
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 01:16:44 +0000

On 12/16/18, 4:38 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Werner LEMBERG"
<address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden> wrote:

    >    I think you have the same issue me and others had.  You don't see
    >    it in the tail below, but if you open the lilypond.log file
    >    you'll see a python command failing to generate a file because
    >    GUB python is 2.4 while lilypond python code uses if statements.
    >    It's discussed in one of the pull requests on GitHub.

    I took to liberty to `hotfix' this issue in the lilypond git
    repository: There was a single place in `musicexp.py' that used 2.5
    syntax, which I've just changed back to 2.4 syntax in `staging'.

Thank you, Werner!  That is an excellent solution.

We will still want to look into a long-term fix in the build/distribution
system.  But getting it to work right now is really important.

Thanks,

Carl