lilypond-devel

Re: I cannot run make check since Issue 5450: relocate.cc: Introduce new

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: I cannot run make check since Issue 5450: relocate.cc: Introduce new command `set?'
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 10:58:14 +0100

Am Mi., 23. Jan. 2019 um 10:36 Uhr schrieb James Lowe <address@hidden>:

> This morning I tried on my work system with extractpdfmark and gs 2.6 and I
> could get a make check to work. Without it (but still using gs 2.6) make
> check will fail.
>
> So the issue is when extractpdfmark is not installed.

Jut finished some tests (with gs-9.23) and I can confirm.
Since Issue 5450 extractpdfmark is required for 'make check'

Though, even if extractpdfmark would be optional it needs to be
documented in the CG, imho.

> I do have XelateX installed.
>
> Therefore, we need to 'fix' whatever is causing the problem or we need to
> 'require' extractpdfmark in which case it has to be moved to the non-optional
> part of ./configure.

I seem to remember Masamichi-san reported some problems with recent gs
and extractpdfmark, I can be wrong here, though. Right now I've not
the time to research. cc-ing him

I'll redo tests with recent gs-master in the evening.

Thanks,
  Harm