gub: Build lilypond from local repositories

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: gub: Build lilypond from local repositories
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 12:30:51 +0100

Hi James!

I'm trying to use gub to build local branches of lilypond.

In gub's lilypond.make there is LILYPOND_REPO_URL. Did something like this:

   make LILYPOND_REPO_URL=file:///home/knut/sources/lilypond
LILYPOND_BRANCH=MyPrivateBranch lilypond

ever work? At least on my system the command above does not work. Or is it
necessary to run a local git daemon to use something like this:

   make LILYPOND_REPO_URL=git://localhost/lilypond.git
LILYPOND_BRANCH=MyPrivateBranch lilypond

James, do you use gub to test patches? If yes: how do you do that?

Knut