Re: Please test gub

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Please test gub
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 08:43:57 +0100

Hi,

fails on Arch Linux (up-to-date, Intel Core i5-3317U).

First, all Python scripts seem to require Python2 (but python -> python3 is the default on Arch). I placed a symlink to python -> python2 in a high-priority $PATH as a workaround, but it might be a good idea to replace the shebang line by ".../env python2" for scripts which are not Python3-compatible.

Apart from that minor buzz, `make lilypond` does a good chunk of work, but fails building tools::guile; log attached.

FWIW, the gcc7 and gcc7-libs packages from the upstream repo (7.4.1) are installed (as well as the up-to-date gcc and gcc-libs 8.2.1), as well as all build and runtime dependencies for Lilypond on this architecture. At least, I successfully built 2.19.something from Git clones on this machine. As far as I can remember, such a "standalone arch-specific" build of Lilypond doesn't compile guile, but relies on the guile1.8 package from the repos (the package maintainers don't seem to require any special precautions for building it, as can be seen in the packaging script at https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/guile1.8). Notable difference here: GUB tries to work with Guile 1.8.7, upstream is at 1.8.8.

The only other part of the log that caught my eye:

building package: linux-x86::cross/gcc-core
 *** [...]
 *** Stage: pkg_install (cross/gcc-core, linux-x86)

building package: linux-x86::glibc-core
 *** [...]
 *** Stage: pkg_install (glibc-core, linux-x86)

building package: linux-x86::cross/gcc
 *** [...]
 *** Stage: pkg_install (cross/gcc, linux-x86)
  cross/gcc-core conflicts with cross/gcc-doc
    removing cross/gcc-core

Not sure whether that's intended; is gcc-core just required to build gcc and supposed to be replaced after that?

Cheers,
Alex