Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 19:40:09 -0500

Hi all,

On Mar 8, 2019, at 5:46 PM, Flaming Hakama by Elaine <address@hidden> wrote:
> However, to be clear, if you are basing this suggestion on being able to
> install it via Fescobaldi, I'll reiterate the point that it takes way more
> time and hassle to set that up on a mac, since you have to register with
> Apple, then download and install XCode, then install a package manager and
> install Frescobaldi.  Then use that to install Lilypond.

I’m confused… Why am I able to run Frescobaldi and Lilypond without having ever
done any of that? I download the binaries from the two websites and I’m off and
running.

Thanks for any clarification you can give!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden