Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: 64-bit version of Lilypond?
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2019 18:20:42 +0100

> On 9 Mar 2019, at 08:40, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> I've just remembered that the MacPorts man page of the `port'
> packaging manager shows the following.
>
>  PACKAGING ACTIONS
>    There are also actions for producing installable packages of
>    ports:
>    mdmg
>        Creates an Internet-enabled disk image containing a macOS
>        metapackage of portname and its dependencies.
>
> See also
>

> https://guide.macports.org/chunked/using.binaries.html#using.binaries.binary-packages
>
> for more details.
>
> I haven't tried this (and I probably won't in the very near future due
> to time constraints – on my macOS 10.7.5 I have to compile everything
> manually and can't download the ready-to-run packages from MacPorts
> hosts), but perhaps one of those commands could be used to create
> distributable, stand-alone versions of the command line version of
> LilyPond for various macOS versions.

I made a standalone version using 'port mdmg lilypond-devel' which results in a
lilypond-devel-2.19.82_4.dmg, on MacOS 10.13.6, and it is working after
installing: I moved my /opt/ out of way, and it gets installed in a new
directory /opt/. It is rather large though 1.86 GB compared to the LilyPond
app, which is less than 100 MB.

The first time I ran the command above, I got an error (below), but running it
again created the distribution.

--
--->  Creating pkg for libzzip version 0_0.13.69_0 at
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_lilypond-devel/lilypond-devel/work/mpkg_packages/libzzip-0.13.69.pkg