Re: Anchor points of Slurs / Phrasing slurs

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Anchor points of Slurs / Phrasing slurs
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 20:20:15 +0100

On 3/16/19, Valentin Petzel <address@hidden> wrote:
> Currently the anchor points are set both over or both under the starting /
> ending note, depending on the slur’s direction. For the S-shape we would
> need
> the control points to differ in directions, so one point above and one point
> beneath the respective notes.

Another possibility would be to use polar coordinates, as Janek and
David N. tried to do a while back:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-11/msg00832.html
(That code compiles very well with 2.18, but some tweaks are needed
for 2.19 and 2.21. It may also have some duplicate functions wrt
polar->rectangular.)

I can’t remember that part of their code having ever been merged
upstream, but this could provide you with an interesting starting
point to actually get it included in LilyPond.

Cheers,
V.