Re: Frescobaldi on MacOS 10.15 with MacPorts

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on MacOS 10.15 with MacPorts
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 22:30:34 +0200

> On 21 Oct 2019, at 01:24, Davide Liessi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Il giorno sab 19 ott 2019 alle ore 20:31 Hans Åberg
> <address@hidden> ha scritto:
>> Instead I experienced further corruption, and decided to reinstall the whole
>> of MacPorts from scratch. I do not want to try it again.
>
> 10.15 is new, so it is expected that problems are being discovered in
> these first weeks.
> That said, the errors you had for librsvg and py37-poppler-qt5 (which
> are now solved) cannot have corrupted your whole installation, so I am
> inclined to believe there was some other (unrelated) problem with your
> MacPorts installation.

First xorg-server broke, and libxml2, and removing the latter and its
dependencies also removed gcc9, so pretty much everything essential was gone.
Unclear what caused it.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/59377

> I understand that you don't want to risk wasting more time, especially
> now that a 10.15 builder is not available yet (so MacPorts needs to
> compile everything on your machine).
> Once the builder is in place, it will build all ports, which means
> that most problems will be spotted and that most dependencies of
> frescobaldi-devel will be available as prebuilt binary packages.
> If at that (or any previous or later) point you want to try again,
> feel free to contact me (on or off list) and let me know of any
> problems.

In MacPorts 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 there are now checksum errors for
frescobaldi-<hash>.tar.gz. Also there is a somewhat mysterious call for 32-bit
in the log file:
  :debug:sysinfo macOS 10.15 (darwin/19.0.0) arch i38

In addition, another X11 program is mysteriously slow on MacOS 10.15. So
perhaps it is better to focus on the Application. The reason MacPorts came into
focus for lilypond is that it is hard to get it otherwise.