Re: Fix 'check' target without tidy (issue 573150043 by address@hidden)

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Fix 'check' target without tidy (issue 573150043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 01:51:33 -0700

On 2019/10/25 20:10:08, Dan Eble wrote:
Thanks for this.  Seeing a warning message for an optional program
bothered me,
but addressing it was out of my depth.

This is not about removing the warning message that an optional
dependency cannot be found, that is fine in my opinion. The problem is
that the check in GNUmakefile.in for an empty value was wrong and it
tries to execute tidy despite not being there.

What do you think about using "false" rather than "no" if the program
is not
found?  That would be more defensive because if "$(TIDY) ..." is
executed as
"false ...", we can be pretty confident that it will fail
consistently, but some
developer might have a program called "no" in the path that would do
something
unexpected.

Good idea, I've updated the patch.

https://codereview.appspot.com/573150043/