Re: Issue 5590: Remove dead code from Dot_formatting_problem (issue 5831

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Issue 5590: Remove dead code from Dot_formatting_problem (issue 583100043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 10:46:51 -0700

On 2019/11/01 17:18:34, Dan Eble wrote:
On 2019/10/29 19:38:23, Carl wrote:
> My bottom line is that the current system is definitely broken.

Yes, and the thing that bugs me most is that it reallocates memory per
candidate, for no benefit.

> I will look into my code tonight when I get home and see how I
> handled the "best" issue.

If you need more time, I won't be offended if we keep this patch in
"countdown"
a bit longer; however, I don't want the best to become the enemy of
the good.
If someone later wants to return to this, it's not hard to revert it
in git, nor
is it hard to reimplement a loop to find the best of a series of
things
properly.

OK. let's move ahead with the patch as proposed.  If I have stuff that
uses "best", it's already not in master, and my patch can add it.

If not, it's really not doing much  (if any) good to have NOP code
hanging around.

https://codereview.appspot.com/583100043/