Re: Fix hidden member templates in derived classes (issue 559250043 by a

From: dak
Subject: Re: Fix hidden member templates in derived classes (issue 559250043 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 03:29:25 -0800

On 2019/11/14 09:11:35, lemzwerg wrote:
> And yes, this works for me, at least on Linux (didn't test FreeBSD
yet and
don't
> own a Mac). Plus it passes a full check with a test-baseline
generated by GCC,
> so I'm pretty confident it's also working correctly.

Ho humm :-)  David K?

This is an embarrassingly small change, yes.  After recent standard
changes, this year-long problem would eventually have become an issue.
I haven't yet digged into the standards for another reading, but if both
GCC and Clang agree for now that this is fine, I'll not argue against
it.  After all, the previous version did become problematic after some
C++14(?) change in the standards.

I am not a fan of having to keep the whole inheritance hierarchy in
sight (that's a loss of abstraction) but considering the actual impact
this causes, it seems like a small price to pay for getting rid of this
headache.

https://codereview.appspot.com/559250043/