Re: macOS 64-bit

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: macOS 64-bit
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 22:58:05 +0000

On 1/7/20, 3:22 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Marnen Laibow-Koser"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 5:15 PM Hans Åberg <address@hidden> wrote:

    > > On 7 Jan 2020, at 22:20, Marnen Laibow-Koser <address@hidden> wrote:
    > >
    > > On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 4:16 PM Hans Åberg <address@hidden> wrote:
    > > [...]
    > >
    > > FYI, it is possible to build apps using MacPorts, for example, there is
    > emacs-app that installs Emacs.app in /Applications/MacPorts/, and it seems
    > working if copied out of that directory.
    > >
    > > Thanks, I looked for something like that but didn’t see a general
    > method.  Do you have any idea how this is done?
    >
    > No.

    Yeah, neither do I.  Time to look at build scripts.

Here's a discussion about how to create a MacOS app bundle for Gnu Octave based
on a MacPorts build similar to Hans's.

I haven't worked through it, but I thought it might be a useful guide.  In
particular, there is a shell script that is used to copy the MacPorts binaries
into an app bundle.

https://wiki.octave.org/Create_a_MacOS_X_App_Bundle_Using_MacPorts

HTH,

Carl