Re: github mirror of lilypond?

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: github mirror of lilypond?
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 11:59:37 +0100

Am Samstag, den 18.01.2020, 10:38 +0100 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2020 at 8:35 AM Erlend Aasland <
> address@hidden
> > wrote:
> > Is there a reason _not_ to use GitHub for
> > development/bugtracking/wiki/planning? The current dev model is, to put it
> > mildly, and in lack of better words, cumbersome and archaic. GNU licences
> > are AFAICS supported by GitHub, so that can’t be a showstopper. If we had a
> > more modern development model, it would perhaps be easier to engage new
> > (and old) developers. No offence meant for those of you who like the
> > current dev model!
>
> I think this would be a good thing to discuss at the Salzburg event.
>
> I am partial to Gerrit, see eg.
>

> https://review.gerrithub.io/q/lilypond/lilypond
>

> regardless of the particular choice, though, a more standard
> environment would save developer time, and make it easier to onboard
> contributors.

I strongly dislike Gerrit, it's really hard to learn and even after
some time I still can't figure out how to use it correctly.
Both GitHub and GitLab (on gitlab.com) would be a great improvement.
Not sure though if this is "allowed" for GNU projects (it's probably
not about the license, but being "GNU LilyPond").

Jonas