Re: PATCHES - Countdown for January 23rd

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for January 23rd
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:28:24 +0100

> Thanks for keeping track of this.
>
> Can you confirm my countdown patches will get pushed without any of my
> involvement (assuming nobody else objects)?

For developers with repository access, the procedure is for them to do
the pushing themselves once "patch push" is reached, so if you have
doubts about how to do that (only push to staging branch, ever, never to
master) or want someone else to do it, holler.

If you aren't entirely clear whether they might all go through, it makes
sense to do this in smaller bunches and wait for them to make it to
master in the automated process: otherwise the whole bunch may need to
get thrown out in case the process complains.  Most of the time it is my
computer these days that does the integration.  If you are impatient,
you can try setting up your own integration pass for it as well, using
patches/lilypond-patchy-staging.py in the lilypond-extra repository (and
configuring it in ~/.lilypond-patchy-config .

I have an old 4-core laptop with
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
(which is not supposed to be 4-core, so I need to crank up the fan to
max manually in order to deal with the 45W TDP instead of the expected
35W) which takes about 45 minutes for the full test with docs.