Re: Simplify and speed up uniquify (issue 583390043 by address@hidden)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Simplify and speed up uniquify (issue 583390043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 07:17:02 -0800

On 2020/01/24 14:11:59, Dan Eble wrote:
> On 2020/01/24 14:06:22, hanwenn wrote:
> > If the allocation cost becomes problematic, we can use another
hashmap
> instead.
>
> "We" could profile it and know before pushing whether it is worth it.

I don't think that this is really performance-critical.  Given the kind
of headache we had with non-deterministic runs, something as simple as
that is nice.

A more efficient way to do the thing via sorting indirect pointers would
be just to sort the indirect pointers, go through the indirect pointers
and null out all except the smallest non-unique direct pointers in the
array and then compact the array to the non-null entries.

But I still think I'd prefer Han-Wen's version.

https://codereview.appspot.com/583390043/