Re: french beaming incorrectly makes stems longer

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: french beaming incorrectly makes stems longer
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 09:05:11 +0000

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 09:27:07AM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
> Am Sa., 25. Jan. 2020 um 08:58 Uhr schrieb Kevin Barry <address@hidden>:
> >
> > The minimum length of the stem of the middle note is forcing the beams down.
>
> Not here. It's more the relevant value of
> beamed-extreme-minimum-free-lengths. See:
>
>  \relative c'' {
>     r16 f d f
>     \override Stem.details.beamed-extreme-minimum-free-lengths =
>       #'(2.0 0.8)  %% original:  '(2.0 1.25)
>     \override Stem.french-beaming = ##t
>     r16 f d f
>   }
OK I see. It seems the value is hard coded now, but in the case of
French beaming it would need to be different depending on how many beams
there are (the above code works for semiquavers, but I think the value
needs to be smaller for demisemiquavers).

I am happy to try patching it, but I wouldn't know where to start.