Re: Move Guile-style modules from scm to scm-modules (issue 567140045 by

From: dak
Subject: Re: Move Guile-style modules from scm to scm-modules (issue 567140045 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 07:01:58 -0800

On 2020/01/29 12:20:10, mail5 wrote:
> Unfortunately I haven't set up a build system on my new computer yet,
so this
> patch is not tested locally at all, so I'm humbly waiting for the
automated
> tests to succeed or fail ...

I don't like the "use-modules clauses adjusted accordingly".  I don't
think it makes sense readjusting use-modules clauses all the time while
we are deciding on the final module organisation, so I'd strongly
suggest first biting the bullet and deciding on a syntax for a
user-level command able to load Scheme modules without further options,
and then introduce that command.  In that manner, future directory
organisations (which are almost certain to come) will not affect the
source of user-level documents any more.

https://codereview.appspot.com/567140045/