Re: stable/2.20 branch does not complete "make doc"

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: stable/2.20 branch does not complete "make doc"
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 19:46:47 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Thanks.  It is sort of annoying that it occurs right at the end of
>>> the
>>> (comparatively expensive) doc build, but at least then it is reproduced
>>> with another "make doc" within several seconds.  So there may be a way
>>> of getting an extensive log just for that final phase of mass-linking
>>> the offsite-root .
>>>

>> I just had a successful mage -j5 doc as of commit
>> 8a05312fd8d2a56ec724a793b313949db0cfe729
>
> Current stable/2.20 which failed on my system.
>
>> It took about half an hour, and I don't know if it matters, but I
>> build in the root directory.
>
> As do I.  I just tried
>
> PYTHONVERBOSE=2
> PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/out:`pwd`/python/auxiliar
> /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/scripts/build/out/www_post LilyPond 2.19.84 ./out-www
> offline 2>&1 | tee /tmp/dump
>
> and that leaves me with
>
> # trying /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/out/postprocess_htmlmodule.so
> # trying /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/out/postprocess_html.py
> # trying /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/out/postprocess_html.pyc
> # trying
> /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/auxiliar/postprocess_html.x86_64-linux-gnu.so
> # trying /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/auxiliar/postprocess_html.so
> # trying /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/auxiliar/postprocess_htmlmodule.so
> # trying /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/auxiliar/postprocess_html.py
> # /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/auxiliar/postprocess_html.pyc matches
> /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/auxiliar/postprocess_html.py
> import postprocess_html # precompiled from
> /usr/local/tmp/lilypond/python/auxiliar/postprocess_html.pyc
> import time # builtin
> Mirroring...
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/tmp/lilypond/scripts/build/out/www_post", line 101, in
> <module>
>     os.symlink (p, dest)
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> # clear __builtin__._
> # clear sys.path
> # clear sys.argv
> # clear sys.ps1
> # clear sys.ps2
>
> in the central portion.  Which does not appear to help at all.  Any idea
> what I could/should do to figure out where stuff goes wrong with my
> system?  One thing I could do is check with current master.

Oops.

dak@lola:/usr/local/tmp/lilypond$ git checkout origin
error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by
checkout:
        Documentation/snippets/non-traditional.snippet-list
Please move or remove them before you switch branches.
Aborting

That sounds suspicious.  Probably created by a makelsr call of mine but
did not make it into version control.  I'll check what is up with that:
it may be that this is what caused the problem.