Regtest profiling differences

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Regtest profiling differences
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 09:55:28 -0500

I've noticed a subjective increase in profiling differences in regtests since
updating to the latest master this morning
(bc8a3fa7e4f12bf5ac1eb0293bfab658d52c4ae8), even from one run to another on
unchanged code.

There are also log differences that might be correlated, with some test cases
having

-
-Writing timing to ./lily-run-total.profile...
-Success: compilation successfully completed

and others having

+
+Writing timing to ./lily-run-total.profile...
+Success: compilation successfully completed

I've only run regtests a couple of times so far, so I'm not sure how repeatable
this is.  Were there recent changes that might contribute to this?  Nothing
stands out to me in the headlines.

Thanks,
—
Dan