Re: Regtest profiling differences

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Regtest profiling differences
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 17:40:38 +0100

address@hidden writes:

> OK this explains that last couple of patch tests.
>
> e.g. - https://cloud-u8zj2dc4b.yourownnet.eu/s/p7SJnLKpswT2E5W
>
> All I guess I am concerned with is knowing if these 'cell count
> thingies' matter or not if I am going to get them all the time now.
>
> I don't want to waste other devs time - with notifying them I see
> 'lots of ..'  because I happen to get a page of these things when they
> are nothing to worry about.

The problem is that significant changes, particularly if no regtests
were added or changed, may be relevant.  It's a very fuzzy indication of
something that might be a problem.  If we get large differences even
with no change happening, this hand-wavy indicator (that did manage to
catch a few problems in the past) stops helping at all.