Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW librarie

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW libraries (issue 577450043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 01:51:30 -0700 (MST)

Thomas Morley-2 wrote
> Am Sa., 1. Feb. 2020 um 16:49 Uhr schrieb David Kastrup <

> dak@

> >:
>
> Ok, thanks for the explanation.
>
> Iiuc, this would make this patch superfluous and it should be abandoned.
> As I'm only shepherding it, I'll wait for Arnold.
> For now I'll set the issue to 'waiting' to get it out of Jame's hairs for
> now.
>
> Tbh, I have no clue how to implement a -mfpmath=sse -msse2 option myself.
>
> Thanks,
>   Harm
>
> P.S.
> Just seen the patch at
> https://codereview.appspot.com/565600045/

Hello,

check (examination routine) with the other command line options all work
fine:
a) -mfpmath=sse -msse2
b) -march=pentium4 -mfpmath=sse -msse2
c) -march=pentium4 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -Wl,--large-address-aware

But, if no one can tell, how to set this command line option for compilation
in GUB,
I vote to continue this patch, and add a TODO comment next to the inline
assembler call.

ArnoldTheresius

--
Sent from: http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Dev-f88644.html