Re: Add a tentative .clang-format for LilyPond. (issue 561340043 by addr

From: dak
Subject: Re: Add a tentative .clang-format for LilyPond. (issue 561340043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 15:40:02 -0800

https://releases.llvm.org/9.0.0/tools/clang/docs/ClangFormatStyleOptions.html

> historically, we didn't have C++11, so this wasn't an issue. I'm fine
with
> whatever you pick.
>
> With the space seems more coherent with the s p a c e y  GNU style.

Personally, the best of two worlds would be if a ping-pong between our
current Astyle and clang-format would end up stable after one
application of each.  That way, putting the code base through both
Astyle and clang-format semi-regularly would put it into a form where
users of either formatting tool could contribute their changes without
affecting already formatted code in the same file.

https://codereview.appspot.com/561340043/