Re: development process

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: development process
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 10:58:21 +0100

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 10:23 AM Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't see why we need to have a final list of detailed points that we
> all agree upon before sketching a process.

I think it's a more systematic way of approaching the problem. The reason
I'm doing it this way, is because I have a vested interest. My daytime job
is managing the  Gerrit codereview team at Google, so I am more intimately
familiar with Gerrit, have slight preference for its review experience, and
a vested interest in seeing it in broader use.

Note that "proposal" in my
> view doesn't mean there needs to be a working prototype. I would be
> happy to merely have a (subjective) list of points to address followed
> by how concrete tools would solve them and why others don't.
> Would it help you if I posted something like this?

Yes, definitely!