Re: development process

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: development process
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 18:59:53 +0100

"Jürgen Reuter" <address@hidden> writes:

>    Hi all,
>
>    I fully agree with Han-Wen.  I also could now and then (maybe once a
>    week) set aside 2-3 hours work for lily.  But the current development
>    process really makes it hard for me to keep up submitting a patch (as
>    part of currently 11 commits (mostly small to medium ones), partially
>    with dependencies, that have been lying around locally on my machine
>    for at least ~3-4 years), as I can't just "git push" my 11 commits
>    after these 2-3 hours of work, and then, in my next available slot,
>    maybe a week or two weeks later, look at code reviews / comments from
>    other people, do a "git fetch" / "git rebase", consider the code
>    reviewer's comments, and submit an updated version of the 11 commits.

It's been stated before but probably not to you in particular: you can
just send in your commits as git-formatted patches to
address@hidden and have them entered as issues.  If there are
objections on the review that do not appear addressed, the patch meister
will stop the patch from progressing to commit state.

Even if not, I think that you have valid Savannah credentials for
pushing yourself, so unless you ask for someone else to push your
patches, you would be free to make the decision to push at your own
leisure (to origin/staging) once they have passed review and progressed
to "push" state.

In short: if you don't want to bother with the messy parts of patch
submission, there is no problem submitting your patches anyway.

All the best