Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct (issue 575620043 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 17:46:33 -0500

Hi David (et al.),

> I am afraid that to some degree I am oblivious of
> out-of-line behavior unless it hits me in the face.

Which simply means that calling other people in on potentially problematic
behaviour shouldn’t fall under your job description. No biggie!

> There are multiple factors at play here.  Some concern what tools to
> move forward to, some concern how the human interaction or its avoidance
> should be structured for best effect.  If necessary, getting roadblocks
> eliminated.  The tooling and project structure and architecture are not
> entirely independent from the roles assigned to humans, so the blocked
> gates are also connected to persons' roles and characters.

Agreed.

> I am not in the position where I feel I could leave the project in good
> conscience without reneging on reasonable expectations of people
> supporting me.

I guess what confuses me about this whole discussion/thread — starting with the
Salzburg "roundtable", really — is how quickly it appears to escalate from
"let’s collaboratively design an ecosystem where everyone can be in their
Zone(s) of Genius as often as possible with the least number of obstacles" to
"guess I gotta leave" (Mike’s already withdrawn to a certain degree, Han-Wen
has said a few things in that direction, you’re talking about the conditions of
leaving the project, etc.).

If that’s really the atmosphere around our beloved ’Pond, (a) it shouldn’t
surprise anyone that the developer pool is so small and tenuous, and (b) I
can’t personally see how any CoC could possibly solve the fundamental issue(s).

Just my 2¢, for what it’s worth given the exchange rate.
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer (he/him/his)
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden