Re: Add Code of Conduct [Another RFC or not now?]

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Add Code of Conduct [Another RFC or not now?]
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 18:55:22 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>>> However, I'd like to hear from David Kastrup and James Lowe
>>> first. To me, their opposition registered as the strongest.
>>
>> I remain strongly opposed to a CoC.
>
> Hmm.  What about simply using the GNU Kind Communication Guidelines,
> maybe adding 'LilyPond' at some strategic places?

"This page is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License."

Which is sort-of stupid given the character of a loose accumulation of
advice, but one could still put something around them stating how we
desire them to be applied to LilyPond's various media.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".