Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 14:20:19 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 11.02.2020, 13:48 +0100 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno mar 11 feb 2020 alle 13:18, Jonas Hahnfeld <
> address@hidden
> >
> ha scritto:
> > >  > Another shortcoming is that links to other issues are broken
> > >  > (transformed in links to non-existing anchors in current issue).
> > >
> > >  I think that is because some issues have not (yet) been migrated. I
> > >  hope these links start to work once all is there.
> >
> > So I eventually convinced my script to migrate close to all issues
> > [1],
> > and all references to other issues that I checked so far are now
> > working. Could you maybe check again and let me know if something's
> > still broken? In any case I've already modified my script to first
> > sort
> > the issues and not take the (random?) order from SF.
>
> I still see the problem.
>
> Take issue 34 as example.
> All the "Issue $NUMBER" have a wrong link:
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond/issues/34#note_284918285
>
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond/issues/34#note_284918298
>

> But I can see an "issue 34" link working fine:
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond/issues/34#note_284918318
>

> Perhaps your script is considering only the lower case "issue"?

Well no, I'm relying on GitLab magic here - my script attached for
reference.
But I think I see what's going on: When the script migrated issue #34,
the referenced issues were not there yet and apparently GitLab does
some evaluation when the text is posted. If I migrate the issue now
(see https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond/issues/5742), the
links work - also note how "#25" in the first comment comes live.
(I manually edited two comments in the original #34, so these do work
now. The reference to "Issue 1302" is still broken though as I didn't
touch that comment.)

Unfortunately this means that my strategy to create the issues "in
order" doesn't work because comments can reference later issues that
were created in the mean-time. So instead I'll try to first create all
issues and then migrate all comments. That doesn't work for later edits
of the issue description, but that should be the minority.
I'll wait a few days for other problems before starting another
attempt.

Thanks
Jonas