What kind of forum are we lacking?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: What kind of forum are we lacking?
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 17:03:35 +0100

I just reencountered the following StackExchange exchange when looking
for something else:

<https://music.stackexchange.com/questions/50184/how-to-define-a-lilypond-function-to-return-set-of-notes-given-a-pitch>

It has almost sort of a tutorial answer by some one-time poster (not all
that rare for LilyPond questions, almost as if somebody were trying to
avoid building up a reputation).

At some time in the distant past, there was the "LilyPond Report" for
capturing a bit of content
<https://web.archive.org/web/20130813084059/http://news.lilynet.net/?The-LilyPond-Report-27#a_kind_of_magic>
but it was not as much in Q&A form and not that much searchable.  There
is nothing wrong per se with the user list, but it's not indexed in a
manner where many of the high quality answers would be accumulated into
wisdom, and it is comparatively rare that something gets condensed into
the somewhat hard to find LSR, and then the educational aspect goes
somewhat missing.  This kind of stuff does not rise to the level where
making a package of the code makes a lot of sense either.

Just throwing this out in case somebody has an idea for such things.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".