Re: testing out Docker CI scripts?

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: testing out Docker CI scripts?
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 12:25:17 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 23.02.2020, 12:19 +0100 schrieb Han-Wen Nienhuys:
> On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 12:16 PM Jonas Hahnfeld <
> address@hidden
> > wrote:
> > This sounds contradicting to me: Either you want to use the ccache for
> > multiple jobs or you're running it for every commit - not gaining
> > anything except for increased complexity.
>
> How does this reasoning work for the reg test? I guess you want to
> rebuild that too on every build? That is a significant increase on the
> processing time too.

Yes, 'make test' should also be part of CI. For reviews, we'd want
test-baseline + apply + check instead, just as James does right now.

I fully agree that this will likely be above any free tier. But in my
opinion, that's what we need for a reliable process. You asked for
feedback, that's my take on the matter.

Jonas