Re: Issue 5788: New French Beamimg Approach (issue 557500043 by address@

From: lemzwerg
Subject: Re: Issue 5788: New French Beamimg Approach (issue 557500043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 05:33:12 -0800

> > s/i.e./i.e.,/
>
> Ah, then I suppose the changes.tely language is American English...

Yes, for the whole documentation we use (more or less) American spelling
rules.  If you really wanted 'i.e.' without a trailing comma, it would
be necessary to write 'i.e.@:'.  Otherwise makeinfo  inserts two spaces
in the '.info' file because we don't use '@frenchspacing' in the English
docs.

> > s/being/are/
> I've heard this a lot of times, but, OK, "are" is probably simpler.
Done.

'being' would be correct if you continued the previous sentence.
However, you are starting a new one, so you have to use a verb (in a
normal form).

> > Please add one or more test cases for your 'french-correction'
property.

> What specific French beaming examples are you missing?

I was probably unclear.  What I want is an example that shows how the
'french-correction' *property* changes the input.  This is (a) to
execute the code path, and (b) a visualization of the property change.

https://codereview.appspot.com/557500043/