Re: [translations] Our language downloads are chaotic.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [translations] Our language downloads are chaotic.
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 21:22:42 +0100

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 4:17 PM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody have a better idea than that?
>
> couldn't we rename the localized downloads as
>
>   notation_de.pdf
>
> and then link to them explicitly?

We have in Documentation/web/server/lilypond.org.htaccess

# Add extensions for language negotiation
# See: https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-apache-lang-neg
AddLanguage ca .ca
AddLanguage cs .cs
AddLanguage de .de
AddLanguage es .es
AddLanguage fr .fr
AddLanguage hu .hu
AddLanguage it .it
AddLanguage ja .ja
AddLanguage nl .nl
AddLanguage pt .pt
AddLanguage zh .zh

so it's really up to us what kind of language translation we do.  I
wonder whether adding

DefaultLanguage en

would improve or deteriorate matters.  It's not quite clear to me what
would happen then.