Re: Does the following Python error in the musicxml tests ring a bell?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Does the following Python error in the musicxml tests ring a bell?
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2020 17:10:33 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:
>> This gives me 6 rather small merge conflicts that I could easily
>> handle, plus skipping 4681e271ab and 41a35ee2dd (that are in master
>> anyhow). The result is at dev/translation-picking.
>> Now when merging this into master I get a whole set of conflicts. I
>> guess you saw the same? Any trick how to handle this?
>
> Four hours of work.  But why even bother?  Checkout my version, do a
> reset --soft to your version and commit -C HEAD to your version.
>
> The history is yours, the tree is mine.

Wait, wrong branch/HEAD.

Check out your version (should be merged to the same point of master I
did), then do

git checkout davids-version .

The period is important!  It means "don't really checkout that commit,
only ./ from it and all subdirectories".  Which amounts to everything
but the history.

Then

git commit --amend -C HEAD

and you should be done.