Re: config.status has been broken by issue 5780 "Accept GUILE 2 without

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: config.status has been broken by issue 5780 "Accept GUILE 2 without extra configure options"
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2020 11:12:52 +0100

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I do this all the time.
>>
>> So how did you do it last week?
>
> I updated my build script, see below.

How did you notice that you had to?

> Note that I install texi2html 1.82 and guile 1.8.8 in
> `/uar/local/opt`.

So what do you do if you also have guile-2.2 and guile-3.0 in
/var/local/opt ?

>   # Right now, LilyPond *must* use ancient texi2html 1.82, since its
>   # heavily customized initialization script doesn't work with newer
>   # versions.
>
>   # for texi2html 1.82
>   export PATH=/usr/local/opt/bin:$PATH
>
>   # for guile 1.8.8
>   export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/opt/lib64/pkgconfig
>
>   ./autogen.sh \
>     --disable-optimising \
>     --with-texgyre-dir=... \
>     --with-urwotf-dir=...

I just think that for a smooth change not tripping anybody up we
shouldn't be taking too much expertise for granted.

My replies have a tendency to cause friction.  To help mitigating
damage, feel free to forward problematic posts to me adding a subject
like "timeout 1d" (for a suggested timeout of 1 day) or "offensive".