Re: translations-status.py crashes

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: translations-status.py crashes
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 10:12:28 +0100

Am Montag, den 09.03.2020, 20:25 +0100 schrieb Jean-Charles Malahieude:
> Hi,
>
> Another problem with switching to Python 3:
>
> cd Documentation && make translation status
>
> crashes on branch translation (after merging master into it); it works
> well as expected on transaltion-staging (still on Python 2).
>
> the message is
>
> -*- mode: compilation; default-directory: "~/GIT/Traduc/Documentation/" -*-
> Compilation started at Mon Mar  9 20:09:53
>
> make translation-status
> translations-status.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/home/jcharles/GIT/Traduc/scripts/auxiliar/translations-status.py",
> line 109, in <module>
>      appendix_number_trans = string.maketrans ('@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXY',
> AttributeError: module 'string' has no attribute 'maketrans'
> make: *** [GNUmakefile:400: translation-status] Error 1

Again my bad, feel free to CC me directly on future problems and I'll
do my very best to fix them asap. I guess I should have really checked
every single script manually...

The fix for this problem is here:
Is everyone fine with me pushing such fixes directly to staging? I'm
not very happy that we're hitting this with infrequently run scripts
only now 😞

Jonas