Re: scripts/build/scan-mf-deps: script to generate MF dependencies (issu

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: scripts/build/scan-mf-deps: script to generate MF dependencies (issue 553700043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 13:47:22 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/553700043/diff/547760043/mf/invoke-mf2pt1.sh

https://codereview.appspot.com/553700043/diff/547760043/mf/invoke-mf2pt1.sh#newcode35
> mf/invoke-mf2pt1.sh:35: grep '^INPUT.*mf$' ${name}.fls | sed
> "s|INPUT||;s|${srcdir}/||" | tr -d '\n' >> ${name}.dep
> On 2020/03/17 09:29:28, hahnjo wrote:
> > grep: feta11.fls: No such file or directory
>
> did you rebuild the scripts/build/ before ?

Yes, but I must confess that I called "git apply" while in mf/, so the
update to scripts/build didn't get applied - my bad! Works now, sorry
for the noise.

On 2020/03/17 09:13:02, hanwenn wrote:

https://codereview.appspot.com/553700043/diff/567370043/mf/GNUmakefile#newcode39
> mf/GNUmakefile:39: $(UPDATE_TARGET)
> On 2020/03/17 07:41:25, hahnjo wrote:
> > Can we list .tfm and .log files directly as output of above rule
that produces
> > .pfb? As far as I understand, mf2pt1 produces all three of them,
right?

> this is tempting, but
>
>   t1 t2 : src
>       recipe
>
> is short for
>
>   t1 : src
>      recipe
>
>   t2 : src
>       recipe

Not entirely, recipe is still only evaluated once.

> this means that the value of $@ depends on which thing gets built
first. There
> is also a related &: operator, but it also doesn't work for the same
reason.

This answer suggests the use of $*:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/3113546/10606944
So using $(outdir)/$*.pfb instead of $@ should always evaluate to the