Re: aclocal.m4: Support GUILE_CONFIG, document GUILE_FLAVOR (issue 57586

From: dak
Subject: Re: aclocal.m4: Support GUILE_CONFIG, document GUILE_FLAVOR (issue 575860044 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 01:43:56 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/575860044/diff/547790043/aclocal.m4
File aclocal.m4 (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/575860044/diff/547790043/aclocal.m4#newcode625
aclocal.m4:625: AC_ARG_VAR(GUILE_FLAVOR, AS_HELP_STRING([],
On 2020/03/21 05:41:05, lemzwerg wrote:
> What about breaking the line here to get shorter lines?

Acknowledged.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575860044/diff/547790043/aclocal.m4#newcode640
aclocal.m4:640: AC_MSG_ERROR([\$GUILE_CONFIG info guileversion failed:
$tmp_GUILE_FLAVOR])
On 2020/03/21 05:41:05, lemzwerg wrote:
> For consistency I suggest to add `;;` here, too.

Ugh.  Seems like a case where programming style has converged to using
;; as phrase terminator rather than as phrase separator in violation of
the Bourne shell being in the Algol family (and not requiring ";" before
")" either, for example).  Since it specifies fallover behavior into the
next phrase (different fallovers would be ";&" and ";;&"), this is
really ugly.

I'll admit that it is also the practice in this file elsewhere with the
exception of "esac esac".

Will do.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575860044/