Re: Cannot make check from current master (with no patches applied)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Cannot make check from current master (with no patches applied)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 09:45:33 +0100

Hello,

On 03/04/2020 16:56, David Kastrup wrote:
David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> writes:

On 4/3/20, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Anybody have an idea whose Patchy pushed the following:
commit f5f907599ce88d3d610483fa42fa78be12f53d2e
Uh, I did push it onto staging after the usual review process.  Could
that really be what broke some stuff?  It’s a fairly simple
documentation edit…

(Unlike my latest patches, that do make some regtest changes, but none
of these have reached staging yet.)
Patchy was fine with it, preliminary in-tree tests as well.  So it can
be any of several more recent commits.  I am doing out-of-tree tests now
which is what James usually does.
Huh.  Also works fine.  Running out of options.  James, can you say what
baseline you used against the failing make check?

I know that there have been other emails since this, so I'll go back and check again now.

but the tests I ran are the same as if I was applying a patch except just missing out the 'apply patch bit' but you know the drill, i.e.

make

make test-basline

make check

make doc

Anyway, I'll see what has changed since yesterday.

If it works, I'll re-do Valentin's patch as that may have just been caught up in whatever this was.

Regards

James