Re: Install python modules from build directory (issue 575960043 by addr

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Install python modules from build directory (issue 575960043 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 12:50:35 -0700

https://codereview.appspot.com/575960043/diff/557650043/make/lilypond-vars.make
File make/lilypond-vars.make (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/575960043/diff/557650043/make/lilypond-vars.make#newcode20
make/lilypond-vars.make:20: export
PYTHONPATH:=$(top-build-dir)/python/$(outconfbase):$(PYTHONPATH)
On 2020/04/05 21:54:40, hahnjo wrote:
> On 2020/04/05 21:48:46, hanwenn wrote:
> > This will potentially make the out-www build fail. It's much better
to load
> the
> > source files directly, because they're always there and they're
always up to
> > date.
>
> I don't see why this should break: It's now back to the state it was
before you
> changed it. But I can change it to out/ if you prefer.

lilypond build that makes working on the scripts a PITA, because the
dependency tracking doesn't work, and you have to remember to rebuild
them by hand. Please don't reintroduce this.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575960043/diff/557650043/python/GNUmakefile
File python/GNUmakefile (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/575960043/diff/557650043/python/GNUmakefile#newcode27
python/GNUmakefile:27: local-test: default
On 2020/04/05 21:54:40, hahnjo wrote:
> On 2020/04/05 21:48:46, hanwenn wrote:
> > if you do it like this, this should depend on
$(outdir)/book_base_test.py and
> > the rule should use $< . Otherwise, editing the test file doesn't
redo the
> copy.
>
> No, default depends on $(OUT_PY_MODULES). And we really need all
modules because
> book_base_test.py includes other files.

you're right.  I do think that this is not the way to go to suppress the
__pycache__ directory. If that is a concern, we should just pass -B to
the commandline.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575960043/