A (short) explanation of some internals

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: A (short) explanation of some internals
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 19:37:50 +0200

Hello,

I cannot find a simple explanation to this common behavior of time signatures and key signatures in simultanepus staves.

"Time signatures entered in one staff affect all other staves by default. On the other hand, the key signature of one staff does not affect other staves. This different default behavior is because scores with transposing instruments are more common than polyrhythmic scores. "

I have searched a lot about contexts and engravers but I haven't found what's the mechanism this relies on, or where is it coded in the sources.

--
Francisco Vila, Ph.D. - Badajoz (Spain)
paconet.org , lilypond.es