Re: Rewrite Mutable_properties based on vector<SCM> (issue 575990043 by

From: dak
Subject: Re: Rewrite Mutable_properties based on vector<SCM> (issue 575990043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 05:37:26 -0700

On 2020/04/13 17:43:17, hanwenn wrote:

> Actually, it looks like I have been measuring noise. Thermal
throttling?

> It looks like I can get reproducible timings if I downclock the CPU
from 2.6 to
> 2.0Ghz

Put the following line in the config
/etc/modprobe.d/acpi.conf:options thinkpad-acpi fan_control=1

Then you'll be able to do

echo level 7|sudo tee /proc/acpi/ibm/fan

[CPU intensive stuff]

echo level auto|sudo tee /proc/acpi/ibm/fan

There is also level disengaged , but it's a lot more noise (and fan
wear) for rather little gain.  The fans for T61 tend to die a lot more
than those for T400, but removing and reinstalling a fan only from a fan
assembly (also containing heat sink and heat pipe) is more involved than
just exchanging the fan assembly.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575990043/