Re: Copy alist instead of deep copy on Grob clone (issue 561640045 by ad

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Copy alist instead of deep copy on Grob clone (issue 561640045 by address@hidden)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 07:16:05 -0400

On Apr 16, 2020, at 01:16, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have you ever tried valgrind's `callgrind` tool for profiling (and
> using `kcachegrind` for displaying the results)?  While very slow it
> would avoid temperature issues and the like – no need to call it
> multiple times to get reliable values.

In case it helps, here are notes on the last time I used callgrind (long ago):

# Callgrind

Build lilypond with optimization enabled.

```cpp
#include “valgrind/callgrind.h”

Paper_book *
Book::process (Output_def *default_paper,
               Output_def *default_layout)
{

 CALLGRIND_TOGGLE_COLLECT;
 Paper_book *paper_book = process (default_paper,
                                   default_layout, 0);
 CALLGRIND_TOGGLE_COLLECT;
 return paper_book;
}
```

```shell
valgrind --tool=callgrind --collect-atstart=no out/bin/lilypond
/media/sf_lilypond_git/input/regression/rest-dot-position.ly
callgrind_annotate callgrind.out.PID &gt; whatever.txt
```