Re: Obviate method_finder methods (issue 551780043 by address@hidden)

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Obviate method_finder methods (issue 551780043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 02:22:44 -0700

A huge THANK YOU for this cleanup and getting rid of my
'TRANSLATOR_INHERIT' workaround. One request for using C++ style inline.

On the topic of 'C++ wizardry': While not completely straight-forward I
think mfp_baseclass is small enough to get your head around it if
needed. I mean half of it is remove_pointer which is part of type_traits
and one of the prime examples when starting with template programming.
The rest is hard to come up with (kudos that you did!), but that's what
you get for hiding static members in derived classes.

https://codereview.appspot.com/551780043/diff/573720045/lily/include/callback.hh
File lily/include/callback.hh (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/551780043/diff/573720045/lily/include/callback.hh#newcode166
lily/include/callback.hh:166: typedef typename
remove_pointer<decltype(strip_mfp (static_cast<T> (nullptr)))>::type
type;
I'd consider 'using type = ' instead which is more C++ style

https://codereview.appspot.com/551780043/