Re: [trial] getting started

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [trial] getting started
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 22:36:57 +0000

On 4/27/20, 4:29 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Federico Bruni"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

Il giorno mer 22 apr 2020 alle 14:28, Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden>
ha scritto:
> here we go: https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond-trial
> To reiterate: This is _NOT_ meant for "production" work, just for
> evaluation. If we decide to fully use GitLab, I'll do a fresh
> migration
> into the https://gitlab.com/lilypond group and archive the test
> repositories. So feel free to play with it!

Many thanks for your work!

I've just started verifying some fixed issues.
One of the most annoying tasks in verifying issues is checking that a
commit is actually present in the repository and precisely in the
specific release tag.
I used to do this locally using git, but can't remember how. I've tried
all these commands without success on commit id of below example.

-> CDS  Here's what I found on Stack Overflow

git checkout $RELEASE_BRANCH
if [ 0 -eq $(git merge-base --is-ancestor $COMMIT_ID HEAD) ]; then echo "true";
else echo "false"; fi

with $RELEASE_BRANCH being the name of the branch, and $COMMIT_ID replaced with
the commit id you want to check.

I know this doesn't solve the GitLab vs GitHub issue.  But it is a way to check
more easily.

HTH,

Carl