Re: [trial] getting started

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [trial] getting started
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 09:02:41 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 28.04.2020, 00:27 +0200 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno mer 22 apr 2020 alle 14:28, Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
> > here we go:
> > https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond-trial
> >
> > To reiterate: This is _NOT_ meant for "production" work, just for
> > evaluation. If we decide to fully use GitLab, I'll do a fresh
> > migration into the https://gitlab.com/lilypond group and archive the test
> > repositories. So feel free to play with it!
>
> Many thanks for your work!
>
> I've just started verifying some fixed issues.
> One of the most annoying tasks in verifying issues is checking that a
> commit is actually present in the repository and precisely in the
> specific release tag.
> I used to do this locally using git, but can't remember how. I've tried
> all these commands without success on commit id of below example.
> Anyway, I'd rather use Gitlab for this check...
>
> Let's take this issue as example:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4375/
>

> See how Github performs better than Gitlab on this aspect:
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond-trial/-/commit/68fb45e7e20071b10c43f2a6f64681d56122e67d
>
> https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/commit/68fb45e7e20071b10c43f2a6f64681d56122e67d
>

> Do you know if this can be improved? Or will it work as in Github once
> we migrate?

I guess you're referring to the annotation, that this commit is
included in release/2.21.0-1? Incidentally GitLab does have the same
feature if you click the ellipsis dots. But it's bailing out because
there are "too many tags"...

However for the purpose of verification (if we want to continue doing
this) I think you can use the Compare functionality:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond-trial/-/compare/release%2F2.21.0-1...68fb45e7e20071b10c43f2a6f64681d56122e67d
vs.
https://gitlab.com/lilypond-issues/lilypond-trial/-/compare/release%2F2.21.0-1...338f83af6e9014042cf7266e82e8cfa852e89ebb
which is not in release/2.21.0-1

Hope this helps!
Jonas

P.S.: Not sure if cgit could do something similar. Probably somewhere
under the hood...