Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@h

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Use GhostScript API instead of forking (issue 548030043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 12:12:33 +0200

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 12:09 PM <address@hidden> wrote:

> > This version of LilyPond has been compiled and linked with a version
> > of Ghostscript licensed under the AGPL.
>
> Please re-read point 2 above. Old Ghostscript versions are not AGPL and
> other implementations may not be either.

it's easy to discover if GS is AGPL or not (assuming that the command
line binary is the same as the API we're linking):

$ gs
GPL Ghostscript 9.27 (2019-04-04)
Copyright (C) 2018 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
This software is supplied under the GNU AGPLv3 and comes with NO WARRANTY:
see the file COPYING for details.

(BTW, I've been unable to find the GS API on fedora 31 :-/ )