Re: GSoC for LilyPond

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GSoC for LilyPond
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 11:50:01 +0200

On 5/5/20, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> While you have
> me as a personal mentor

… And a great mentor at that!

> it is rather the collective wisdom of this
> list that will guide you through your work.

+1. There are _lots_ of absolutely brilliant people here.

> We don't have an IRC channel, sorry.

Er, we used to and we officially still do:
http://lilypond.org/contact.html
mentions #address@hidden
(and even links to a web IRC client).

That was mostly active when Janneke was around, though. (And it wasn’t
intended specifically for devs, so you’re technically right.)

> Don't be shy!  You should never hesitate to ask even simple things, if
> necessary.  LilyPond is a very complex piece of software...

That it is.

Cheers, and good luck to you Owen!

V.