Re: Fix #5964: MM Rests shouldn’t segfault when there’s no StaffSymbol.

From: v . villenave
Subject: Re: Fix #5964: MM Rests shouldn’t segfault when there’s no StaffSymbol. (issue 576090043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 14:12:07 -0700

On 2020/05/09 18:30:04, Dan Eble wrote:
> Yes, that's what I was trying to explain.
> internal_line_count() is relevant to one branch only.

Oh, I see your point now. I thought I could get away with line_count
only, but indeed this fails to account for (hypothetical) cases where
the line-positions property would be set but not the line-count
property.  (I’m still not sure in what sort of cases that conditional
switch would ever be applicable, but it must be there for a reason.)

Better not be messing around with that, then; the amount of
simplification we’d get would remain too marginal, and since it’s only
used this once in multi-measure-rest.cc, that’s certainly not worth it.
I’m going back to my original proposal.

Thanks for your guidance!

Cheers,
-- V.