Re: Verifying issues on Gitlab

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Verifying issues on Gitlab
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 03:53:32 +0000

Hey, we're down to 520!

BTW, instead of scrolling to the bottom of the comments to find the commit id,
it's easier to set the sorting of the comments to "newest first", which puts
the commit ID very near the top.

Maybe I can get us under 500 before I go to bed tonight.

Carl

On 5/11/20, 4:29 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Federico Bruni"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

Il giorno lun 11 mag 2020 alle 17:12, Karlin High
<address@hidden> ha scritto:
> On 5/11/2020 5:01 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:
>> If nobody else jumps in, I will probably give up soon.
>
> If someone wants to help, are there step-by-step directions anywhere?

Start from this list:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues?scope=all&utf8=%E2%9C%93&state=closed&label_name[]=Fixed_2_21_0&label_name[]=Status%3A%3AFixed

In the last comment you should find a commit id (if it's missing you'll
have to search it).
The easiest and quickest way to verify that a certain id has been
included in the release tag label used in the issue is using Github.
Start from this URL:

https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/commit/

then append the commit id you want to verify, e.g.:

https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/commit/bed9afff763d274af3a2608bdbbc61c807653dbd

At the beginning you'll see the branches and the tags where this commit
is present.
The oldest release tag is the one which should be used as label in the
Gitlab issue.

If everything seems Ok to you, just change the status to Verified.
Click on Edit in the Labels section and as you start typing status,
Gitlab will list the possible entries and you can select Verified,
which will replace Accepted.

More details (out-of-date) here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/contributor/the-bug-squad