Re: repository at GitLab

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: repository at GitLab
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 08:32:10 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 12.05.2020, 08:24 +0200 schrieb Thomas Morley:
> Hi,
>
> currently I've very little time to work on LilyPond or to monitor the
> mailing-lists at all, thus I apologize if this is already answered
> elsewhere.
> For now I'll expect me getting familiar with GitLab very slowly...
>
> Nevertheless, I just did:
> $ git remote set-url origin address@hidden:lilypond/lilypond.git
>
> Next I wanted to do:
> $ git fetch
> returning:
> The authenticity of host 'gitlab.com
> (2606:4700:90:0:f22e:fbec:5bed:a9b9)' can't be established.
> ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:HbW3g8zUjNSksFbqTiUWPWg2Bq1x8xdGUrliXFzSnUw.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
>
> What to do?

It prompts you to confirm that it's really gitlab.com that you're
connecting to. As SSH uses no certificates, that's on the user to do.
The usual way is to verify the fingerprint, which are published here:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/gitlab_com/index.html#ssh-host-keys-fingerprints
As they match, you probably want to continue (unless you consider the
possibility that somebody hijacked both the website for both of us and
the SSH connection to a spoofed host...)

Jonas